I have accumulating too much electrostatic charges lately. I'll have sparks on my cloths when there is a slight abrasion. The same thing happen when I comb my hair. I am not using a dryer. The only possible cause I can think of is the electric baseboard heater that is running in my room.
Can somebody out there kindly provide me some clues for what I should do to contain this problem? I'm not quite sure of the side effect of it. But it's troubling me...
I actually come from a tropical country. This is my first time using a heater & having this kind of experience. Just for your information in case you find it weird why people ask this kind of common sense questions.. :)
If you dry your clothes too long they will become static - turn off the dryer when the clothes are just dry - dont over do it. That simple!
There may be other factors as well but that is a major one!
You probably didn't have a clothes dryer in the tropics did you!? Didn't need one. Ahh - the good ol' clothes line.