I have an irregular menstrual cycle without Myomin. If I take Myomin my periods are regular but as soon as I stop taking it, Im out of whack.
Should I be worried? We are now thinking of starting a family. Can I take Myomin up until pregnancy?
This is a difficult question.
What I suggest is you order a Female Hormone Panel and see what is going on. If you have elevated Estrogen, then getting pregnant is easy but maintaining a pregnancy may not be.
If you are taking birth control, that can definitely have an effect and throw your hormones off balance.
I recommend that you visit a naturopathic physician - www.naturopathic.org and find a ND near your zipcode.
If you find a ND who is also a licensed midwife, that may be the best situation for you.
Myomin is safe to take long term but I always prefer to know why your estrogen levels stay high.
My guesses as to why your estrogen level is elevated:
- birth control pills
- fatigued liver not able to process estrogens well
- consuming foods in plastic
All the above reasons may be addressed and your estrogen levels may be able to return to normal in a few months time.
- losing weight if you have some excess weight. Adipose tissue creates estrogen. Ensuring proper protein intake is very useful with weight loss. If you eat protein with each meal, you will be full for longer periods of time and not crave sugars or carbs nearly as much. I highly recommend a smoothie in the morning to get you going on the right track.
- eat more liver foods such as beets, carrots, onions, kale, garlic, artichokes. This will help process excess estrogen and get it out of your system.
- throw away all plastic containers and only heat, drink, freeze, store and eat out of glass, non-lead ceramic, iron or stainless steel.
- adding EPA and DHA Fish Oil to your diet to provide healthy fats to replace unhealthy fats and to prepare your body for pregnancy.
- taking a PreNatal Vitamin now to get your body ready
Should you have further questions, please do ask. I will respond faster next time.
I wish you balanced hormones and a healthy pregnancy! :)