Plastic also kills slowly when it stores your food, stores your drink and resides in your blood effecting embryonic development and fertility.
There is so much research pointing to the harmful effects of plastics that it finally is becoming recognized.
What to do about it?
- Get a Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottle. Which one? I recommend getting the Klean Kanteen with the Loop Top or Sport top. Why? Because these two tops are stainless steel where it connects with the bottle and where it touches the contents. The Sport Top is all polypropylene #5 (which is supposed to be the safest plastic). The Sippy spout is made from polypropylene #5 and also where baby sucks is silicon - which is supposedly quite safe.
- Get reusable shopping bags made from cotton or hemp or burlap. Trader Joe's sells them as do many other stores. Get them and stop those baggers asking you 'Paper or plastic?'
- Recycle all your plastic bags at Fred Meyer or find other stores near you which take back plastic bags.
- Toss or recycle your plastic food storage containers. Get stainless steel bowls and glass containers and glass jars. Costco has great prices on these items.
- Toss or recycle your plastic water bottle. The harder the plastic, the more toxic it is. Why? It is because the harder the plastic, the more bisphenol A it has in it. Bisphenol A is what can cause infertility.
- Get a Klean Kanteen.
- Get stainless steel bowls.
- Get glass containers.
- Get reusable cotton shopping bags.
- Don't microwave in plastic.
- Don't cook in plastic.
- Don't use plastic bags.