Good talking with you. There is a lot of information here and in the recorded consult. Develop a personal plan of attack and then start.
Check back here for your recorded consult.
A lot to go over and there are a few major factors that need attention so I suggest a follow up call in a couple weeks to make sure you are on the right track.
1. Thyroid testing
- TSH, T4, T3, Anti-TPO, Anti-TG
- Without all these in the thyroid test, there is no way to know how your thyroid is working.
- Depending on the results, you may need to supplement with Thyroid Support by Gaia and Adrenal Support Plus. Do not take Thyroid Support until you know you need it.
- Need to rule this out or in.
- Serum Iron, Serum Ferritin, Percent of Transferrin Saturation
- Information about hemochromatosis.
- Need to rule this out or in.
3. Adrenal Fatigue
- Directly linked to Fibromyalgia
- Consider supplementing with 1 capsule of Adrenal Support Plus in the AM and one in the afternoon. If, after one week, you are not noticing improvement, take 2 capsules of Adrenal Fatigue in the AM and 2 capsules at lunch. Do
- Do not take Adrenal Support Plus, B Vitamins or a multivitamin within 5 hours of going to bed as they will interfere with your sleep.
- You may find Adrenal Support Plus here.
4. Dietary Changes
- Ideally, avoid all dairy products, including yogurt. Change to coconut based yogurt instead.
- Avoid wheat if possible or as much as you can. Use 100% rye bread, rice, gluten free, and quinoa. All these are great substitutes. My family and I have been wheat free for 5 years now and dairy free for 1 year. Don’t miss it at all.
- Keep avoiding tomatoes.
- Eat smaller but more frequent meals. Already seems like you are doing this.
- Make sure you eat a bit of protein before sleep to allow a deeper sleep
5. Sleep Improvement
- Magnesium and Vitamin B6 are commonly deficient in those who do not sleep well.
- Consider taking 1 capsule of Magnesium Plus in the AM, one in the afternoon and 1 at night 30 minutes before sleep.
- Taking the Adrenal Support Plus in the AM and at lunch will also begin to improve your sleep.
- Exercise by walking during the day. Begin with 5 minutes for a week. Then do 10 minutes, then 15 and so on. Increase as you feel energy and do not over do it.
- Do not exercise at night as it is stimulating.
- Do not take hot baths or hot showers before bed as they are stimulating. Rather take neutral temperature baths or showers if needed.
6. Pain Reduction
- Apply Castor Oil to all areas of pain.
- Do this daily
- Also apply castor oil over your entire abdominal region each evening. Wear an old T-shirt to prevent the castor oil from soiling the linens. You may also apply the Castor oil 30 minutes before sleep and by bedtime, it should be nearly all but absorbed.
- Obtain Magnesium sulfate or Epsom Salt (same thing) from a animal feed store.
- They usually have Magnesium sulfate in 25 pound bags.
- Add 1-2 pounds of Magnesium sulfate to the hot bath, stir well until it is all dissolved.
- Add 500 mL of Moor Mud to your bath. This helps relieve pain significantly.
- Have the temperature of your bath around 107 degrees F or as hot as you can stand.
- Stay in the bath for up to 15 minutes or until you have the feeling that you have had enough.
- Full instructions of how to do a Moor Mud bath are included in the package.
- Do this three times a week for 3 weeks. Research shows that when hot baths are taken with moor mud and done consistently, the pain relief stays for a longer duration compared to taking a moor mud bath once a week and spaced out too long. Yuko Agishi is the Japanese researcher who discussed this in detail.
- D-Ribose taken at 5 grams a day has shown to be effective at reducing pain in those suffering from fibromyalgia symptoms.
- You may find Ribose here.
- Consider taking 1 teaspoon three times a day mixed in a little bit of water. The taste is nice so that is not a concern.
- Research on D-ribose and Fibromyalgia can be found here.
- Ribose is the most common and typically the most effective single nutrient used to reduce pain in those suffering from fibromyalgia
- Given your history of Hepatitis A, your liver is not functioning optimally as it likely has not received nutrients to repair itself fully.
- Chronic pain is associated with liver congestion and the liver’s inability to process toxins.
- As toxins build up, they cause pain.
- Reducing the liver congestion improves the liver’s ability to process metabolites and toxins. This reduces pain.
- Consider taking 2 capsules of Liver GI-Detox at dinner. Do this for one week. If you find little relief, then take an additional capsule at lunch time.
7. Digestive Repair from Routine Antibiotic Use
- Overgrowth of non-beneficial bacteria that reside in your digestive tract cause inflammation which leads to pain.
- By taking a high potency probiotic that has multiple strains, the harmful digestive bacteria should become crowded out and become much less in numbers or become extinguished altogether.
- Consider taking 200 billion beneficial bacteria during dinner time. This amount is found in ½ teaspoon of ProBiota 12 Powder or 4 capsules of ProBiota 12 capsules.
- I recommend the ProBiota 12 powder as it is more cost effective at higher doses.
- Once the bottle of ProBiota 12 is finished, you may reduce down to 1 capsule of ProBiota 12 at dinner time. Higher doses are no longer needed after a month’s use.
- Research shows that there is an extremely strong link between fibromyalgia and imbalanced digestive bacteria. This is why I am suggesting you consider ProBiota 12. One month of ProBiota 12 taken at 200 billion organisms per serving each evening at dinner should have significant benefit.
- Click here to read the research which shows the connection between fibromyalgia and harmful digestive bacteria.
- Click here to read more about the Lactulose breath test.
- Eat fresh crushed garlic daily if you can
- Limit intake of sugar as sugar feeds many harmful yeasts and pathogenic bacteria.
8. Chest Pain:
- The chest pain may be a deficiency of magnesium. The Epsom salt bath, adrenal support and Magnesium Plus may help with it.
- CoQ10 is another nutrient that may be beneficial here but let’s start with what has been recommended already and then move to that if needed.
In summary, the products I recommend are:
- Adrenal Support Plus
- Liver GI-Detox
- ProBiota 12 Powder (or capsules) – one month only and then maintenance dose of 1 capsule of ProBiota 12 a day
- Moor Mud Bath
- Magnesium Plus
Obtain from a drug store or animal feed store:
- Castor Oil
- Magnesium sulphate (Epsom salt)
I believe you mentioned you were already taking fish oil. If so, great. If not, I’d like you to consider taking an equivalent of 5 grams of EPA/DHA a day. We have a few to choose from here.
I prefer the Liquid Finest Pure Fish oil. It is the most cost effective and tastes quite good as well.
The HealthE Membership will save you 10% off on all regularly priced items for an entire year. You may find it here.
Right now the membership is on special. If you buy any Seeking Health product, you get a free HealthE Membership. That helps a bit ;)
Again, do schedule a follow up consult in a couple weeks.
With the above suggestions, you will likely experience improvement within a couple weeks if not sooner.
Disclaimer: All information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. The information provided is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.