Q: I am interested in taking ArthroGenX for my inflammation. Can you take this supplement with ibuprofen? I am currently taking 8+ ibuprofen per day for a frozen shoulder and a sprained foot.
Thanks for your help!
A: I would cease the ibuprofen if you can, it appears you are trying to do so.
ArthroGenX by Biogenesis in capsule form may be taken with Ibuprofen. This is not a concern. You may likely find that the ArthroGenX capsules alone will handle the pain relief.
For the sprained foot, I recommend you consider Ligament Restore by Pure Encapsulations. The nutrients in Ligament Restore are specific to ligament health which may speed your recovery.
There are repeating ingredients between ArthroGenX capsules and Ligament Restore, but given the intensity of pain you are having, both Ligament Restore and ArthroGenX are useful to take in higher amounts.
Consider taking 3 capsules of ArthroGenX on rising, 3 capsules 30 minutes after lunch and 3 more at bedtime. Away from food is ideal as this allows the nutrients to work more to reduce inflammation and pain rather than digestive aids. The nutrients in ArthroGenX may support digestion if taken during meals or support pain and inflammation if taken away from meals. Interesting how herbs work.
Consider taking 3 capsules of Ligament Restore with breakfast and 2 capsules at lunch.
Other things you should consider:
- Boswellia AKBA by Pure Encapsulations: this product contains potent amounts of boswellia which is known to reduce inflammation, scarring and swelling. Consider taking 1 capsule at breakfast, 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner for the first couple weeks. Then consider reducing to 1 a day once you experience pain relief.
- For your sprained foot, I suggest what is called Contrast Hydrotherapy.
1. Get two buckets which will fit your feet and be filled up to mid calf height.
2. Fill one with as hot as you can that is comfortable and add 5 cups of Epsom salts. Epsom salts are inexpensive if you buy them at a Feed Store in 25 pound bags. There they are called usually Magnesium sulfate.
For added benefit, add 1/4 liter of Torf Moor Mud to encourage greater healing capacity through humic acids, fulvic acids and deeper penetration of heat.
3. Fill the other bucket with very cold water. Not ice but very cold.
4. Place the sprained foot in the hot bucket with the epsom salts and moor mud for 3 minutes. Then remove and place in the cold bucket for 30 seconds. Do this three times. End with cold. Dry your foot off.
5. Apply Castor Oil or a Castor oil mix liberally to your sprained foot.
I recommend mixing MSM by Douglas Labs with the Castor oil. Think about adding 2 tablespoons of MSM, 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt, 5 drops of Camphor essential oil, 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil, 5 drops of Peppermint essential oil, 1 ounce of Emu Oil to 5 ounces of Castor Oil. Add the Castor Oil to the 5 oz or so bottle size after you have added and shaken the other ingredients very well.
Also apply this Castor Oil mixture to your shoulder numerous times a day.
Do the Contrast Hydrotherapy twice a day for best results. AM and PM. It just takes minutes.
If you can do it to your shoulder as well, you'll notice significant improvement. Instead of buckets, you will use hand towels soaked in hot water and soaked in cold water. Apply the Castor Oil mix prior to the Contrast Hydrotherapy for added benefit.
Do not sleep on your frozen shoulder. Sleep on your back, stomach or opposite side.
Locate a great physical therapist. They are hard to find though.
Should you have any questions about any of the above, do ask.
I suspect significant improvement in the frozen shoulder and sprained foot should you follow the above suggestions.
Keep me updated on how you do! You'll speed right along in recovery!
Disclaimer: All information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. The information provided is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.