What does summer bring? FARMER'S MARKETS!!!
10 reasons to visit your local Farmer’s Market:
1. Community Support--Support your local economy by supporting your local farmers.
2. Freshness--fruits and vegetables are very fresh and often picked that same morning!
3. Yummy--Far superior tasting fruits and vegetables. Why? See #2!
4. Health--The fruits and vegetables are often organic. Organic means you aren’t ingesting harmful pesticides.
5. More Environmentally Friendly--less shipping costs and pollution, less fuel usage, reduced packaging costs
6. Save Money--the prices are often cheaper than the grocery store because the cost of the middleman and pricey shipping are eliminated.
7. Get The Scoop--A great opportunity to talk to the farmer directly about where your food comes from and how it’s produced.
8. Cooking Help--If you see a vegetable you are unfamiliar with and want to give it a try, you can ask the farmer how to prepare it or for recipe ideas.
9. Involve Your Kids--shoppin...Read More