I live in Australia. I have twin three year olds and I suffer from psoriatic arthritis. I am interested in a probiotic for myself and the children - which one would survive the journey to Australia and be of most benefit ?
Any of our probiotics will make the trip. They can withstand warm temperatures for some time, in fact:
Any ProBiota probiotic will maintain or exceed label potency for a year if kept refrigerated. If kept at average room temperature, they will remain potent for 4-6 months. At higher temperatures (86 F), they will maintain potency for about 2 months. These claims are verified by independent, real-time viability tests.
I do recommend shipping FedEx International Priority or USPS Priority International to make the trip faster.
I recommend the ProBiota 12 Powder. This is most cost effective and easiest for your twins to take. It tastes great so they likely won't have issues with taste.
For your twins:
- After dinner, give them each about a half full 1/4 teaspoon. You may sprinkle it their last bite of food or you can put directly into their mouth. I always put directly into my child's mouth. It has become routine for us so they expect it and enjoy it.
- Do this until they are 6 years old. Once they are 6, you may switch them to taking 1 capsule of ProBiota 12 after dinner. This may be easiest for them. You may also continue giving a half-full 1/4 teaspoon.
- A half-full 1/4 teaspoon provides about 25 billion beneficial bacteria which is a healthy amount.
- After dinner, take 1/4 teaspoon of ProBiota 12 Powder. Do this for one week.
- After one week, take 1/2 teaspoon of ProBiota 12 Powder after dinner. Do this for two months.
- Mix 2 scoops of ProBiota Immune into a bit of applesauce or something tasty. Stay on this continually as it supports healthy bacteria in your digestive system which are key in reducing autoimmune symptoms.
- To repair your digestive systems lining, I highly recommend taking 2 scoops of L-Glutamine mixed in 8 ounces of water 1 hour before breakfast and also 1 hour after dinner or before sleep. Taking L-Glutamine between meals allows it to be more readily absorbed by your intestines thereby obtaining the full healing benefit.
- Eliminate wheat from your diet completely. This is a tall order but one I highly recommend. To understand why and how to do it, read The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.
- If you can eliminate dairy from your diet as well, do so. Again, this is explained in the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.
Do keep in touch with me how you are doing. We can make some changes to these recommendations when needed.