Physiological pain and Functional pain are two major types of pain defined recently by a resident doc of mine. It is a great way to figure out the cause of pain rather quickly. The definitions and possible treatments below are my thoughts on them. Do not treat yourself without seeking the advice of a physician. Simply take some notes from this post and bring it to your doc or tell them what you 'found on the internet'. They love that.
Enjoy the information - it took some time writing this and it is jam packed with information so you may have to read and re-read to make heads or tails of some areas.
- No wound or trauma occurred.
- After long hours of being semi-still - as sleeping - pain gets worse.
- Increased movement helps the pain go away.
- Occurs in many ill health states - like arthritis, maldigestion, diabetes, malnutrition, dehydration, migraines, and headaches.
- Inflammation in the body is what is causing the pain.
- Reduce the body's inflammation an...