Protein powders are all the rage right now, and for good reason. Here are several reasons just off the top of my head:
1) A quick & easy protein source when you don’t have time to prepare a protein-rich meal or snack.
2) Many protein powders either don’t contain or are low in fat and cholesterol.
3) A way for vegetarians and vegans to ensure they eat enough protein.
4) After intense exercise, drinking a protein shake may be better tolerated and tasting than sitting down to a chicken breast.
5) Did I mention EASY?
6) Now days, you can buy some pretty tasty protein powders that make some really tasty protein drinks--they remind me of dessert, but packed with nutrition.
When looking to purchase a protein powder, you probably noticed there are so many different protein sources to choose from. What is the difference between the protein sources?
A Complete Protein: To ensure we’re on the same page with terminology, a complete protein contains the nine essential amin...Read More