[The following is a follow-up email to one of Dr. Ben's Phone Consults. The recording of the consult can be found here.]
I had to get your follow up done today – it’s pretty important…
You may find the podcast here – it is the one on the bottom entitled: Teen Missing Periods, Lack of Energy, Not Eating Much, Headaches
The products I recommend are:
- Adrenal Support Plus
- I discussed this on the consult but if she takes a multivitamin and Bio-Focus, Floradix, & Fish oil, I don’t think she will need it.
- BioFocus Rice Berry – take 1-2 scoops of it. Place in 1-2 cups of filtered water. Add frozen blueberries, 1 tablespoon of Finest Fish oil, Chia Seeds, Almonds, maybe a touch of maple syrup if she likes. Drink every morning. For mood, protein, endurance.
- It says it is for over activity – while that is true, that is not why I recommend it. I recommend it as it will help support her mood and nourish her with needed protein quickly in the mornings.
- Floradix Iron – take as directed on the bottle to restore likely anemia.
- This should help restore her menses, energy and support her mood.
- Nutritional Yeast – take about 1-2 tablespoons a day for nutrients and high dose B vitamins.
- She may like the taste of this straight. I do. It is especially good on soups, salads and popcorn.
- Nutrient 950
- Excellent multivitamin with loads of nutrients for her.
- Consider taking 2 capsules AM with breakfast and 2 at lunch. Do not take past 3 pm as it will keep her awake due to the B vitamins.
- This is to support her mood, energy, headaches
- Finest Pure Fish Oil
- Consider adding 1-2 teaspoons to her smoothie in the AM. Start with 1 teaspoon and work up to 2 tsp. See how she does digesting it.
- If she handles 2 tsp ok, then have her on that amount for 1 month. Then reduce to 1 tsp a day.
- This will help her headaches and support her overall health.
- If she desires energy bars, we have a number of good ones to choose from.
- I recommend the Crispy Rice, Chocolate Mint, Spice by Biogenesis personally. They have good nutrients and pack protein, healthy fats and carbs.
- For electrolytes, she can pick up a box of Emergen’C packets and put in her filtered water.
- Don’t have her drink from plastic water bottles. You likely know this.
- We have some cool stainless steel ones to choose from.
- If you’d like a physician-grade electrolyte, consider this one.
- Add as directed on the label. Add some jam to the water to taste if she likes.
- This electrolyte tastes better and is also physician-grade. She may prefer this.
- She should be taking 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day. This will help her styes. So will the multi with selenium and zinc.
- Have her take 1 drop per day. One Drop! Not dropperful.
Should you have questions, please do email.
Wanted to get you this before I left – it’s pretty important. Sorry for the shortness but it’s late ;)
Disclaimer: All information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. The information provided is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.