FOCUS FIZZ is a special blend of potent antioxidants and nutrients that calm the overactive nervous system, protect neural cells from oxidative damage, and promote optimal cognitive functioning. Focus Fizz will help improve attention span, memory, and the ability to learn while helping the body adapt to stress. This great-tasting effervescent drink makes it easy for any child or adult to take a therapeutic amount of these important nutrients.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- GABA (GAMMA AMINO BUTYRIC ACID) is an inhibitory amino acid that acts directly as a neurotransmitter. In addition to dietary sources, it is synthesized in the brain and functions as the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. This elicits a calming effect, mood elevation, and reduction of anxiety.
- COQ10 is a cofactor in many metabolic pathways in the body and is essential for the production of ATP. Most of its health benefits have been attributed to its potent antioxidant effect. CoQ10 protects cellular membranes by preventing lipid peroxidation and promoting the regeneration of vitamin E and vitamin C.
- L-THEANINE is a non-protein amino acid found in Camellia sinensis (green tea). Historically L-theanine has been used for its relaxing and anti-anxiety effects. Its relaxing effect may be due to a direct stimulation of both GABA and serotonin in the central nervous system. L-theanine also protects neuronal cells from damage.
- RHODIOLA is a traditional herbal adaptogen from the arctic regions of eastern Siberia. Rhodiola increases the body’s resistance to stress, reduces fatigue and improves cognitive function, including learning and memory.
- ASCORBIC ACID is a water-soluble vitamin found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is a common antioxidant that plays a role in many metabolic functions including the metabolism of the calming neurotransmitter dopamine. Vitamin C deficiency can cause fatigue and a decline in mental and physical performance.
- MALIC ACID is a key component in the production of energy (ATP) within the mitochondria in both aerobic and anaerobic conditions. It is an intermediate in the Krebs cycle and can be metabolized into pyruvate. This then plays a key role in the pyruvate recycling pathway by providing pyruvate to maintain the citric acid cycle activity when glucose and lactate are low.
- VITAMIN B12 AND FOLIC ACID work together to protect the health and optimal functioning of the central nervous system. They are both cofactors in the methyl donor pathway essential for proper neurological function. Deficiencies may lead to cognitive impairment and mood changes.
- R-ALPHA-LIPOIC-ACID The body makes alpha-lipoic acid as a coenzyme involved in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the fuel for the cell. Alpha-lipoic acid is also a potent antioxidant that can scavenge for both intracellular and extracellular free radicals. ALA modulates cognitive ability by increasing neuronal blood flow and improving neuronal conduction velocity. It also protects neural tissue from oxidative damage by promoting the regeneration of other antioxidants in the body such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and glutathione.
- PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE is the most abundant phospholipid in the human brain. Phosphatidylserine promotes cell-to-cell communication and signal transduction in the central nervous system. It gives a sense of well-being and improves attention, verbal fluency, and memory.
- PHOSPHATIDYLCHOLINE may enhance the produc t ion of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and improve cognitive functioning especially memory.
Cost Per Serving: $0.96
Brand: BioGenesis Nutraceuticals
Delivery type: Powder
Made In: USA
Serving size: Serving Size 1 scoop (15.63 g)
Servings per container: 30
|Calories|| 52|| -
|Calories from fat|| 0|| -
|Fat|| 0|| -
|Carbohydrates|| 13 g|| -
|Sugars|| 12 g|| -
|Sugar alcohols|| 1 g|| -
|Protein|| 0 g|| -
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)|| 200 mg|| -
|Folate (folic acid)|| 400 mcg|| -
|Vitamin B12|| 100 mcg|| -
|Sodium (bicarbonate)|| 215 mg|| -
|Malic acid|| 650 mg|| -
|GABA (gamma amino butyric acid)|| 250 mg|| -
|L-theanine|| 100 mg|| -
|Phosphatidylcholine|| 50 mg|| -
|Phosphatidylerine|| 50 mg|| -
|Rhodiola root extract (Rhodiola rosea) (3%)|| 30 mg|| -
|Bilberry fruit extract (Vaccinium myrtillus)|| 21 mg|| -
|Coenzyme Q10|| 10 mg|| -
* = Daily Value Based on a standard 2,000 calorie daily intake
** = Daily Value Not Established
Fructose, xylitol, natural grape flavoring, silica.
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop in 4-6 oz of water or juice. Ages 3-5 use 1 scoop per day, ages 6-8 use 1.5 scoops per day, ages 10-14 use 2 scoops per day, ages 15-adult use 2+ scoops per day or as directed by your healthcare professional.