Chronic Gastritis Treatment Options are plentiful and effective if you understand the causes of gastritis. Listen to Dr Ben's podcast on the causes of gastritis along with suggestions for chronic gastritis treatment options. Below you will find products which Dr Ben uses often for those with chronic gastritis.
Reasoning behind each product recommendation for chronic gastritis treatment suggestions:
- Manuka Honey: manuka is very healing for ulcers and also is known to help kill helicobactor pylori (aka h pylori). Best to take Manuka honey between meals - about 1 tablespoon three times a day.
- L-Glutamine Powder: glutamine is known to help heal gastritis because glutamine assists tissue repair that is damaged. It is best to add 1/2 scoop of L Glutamine Powder in a glass of water and sip between meals three times a day.
- ZCG 500: zinc carnosine and l-glutamine, which are both found in ZCG 500, are researched to be very effective in supporting the body's ability to overcome gastritis. Consider 1 capsule in the AM before breakfast and take as needed throughout the day or as recommended by your health professional.
- ProBiota 12: probiotics are needed to help increase beneficial organisms in the digestive tract as harmful ones can cause issues - such as helicobactor pylori (aka h pylori). Consider taking 50 to 200 billion CFU's of ProBiota 12 after dinner once a day.
- Saccharomyces boulardii: This beneficial yeast is a killer to h pylori. Consider taking 3 capsules twice a day any time of day of Saccharomyces boulardii for two to three months.
- Pro-Digestion Intensive: to help support the digestion of your foods as improper digestion of things like gluten irritate the lining of the stomach causing gastritis. Prevent that from happening by supporting your digestion with an effective digestive enzyme. Consider taking 1 to 2 capsules with every meal. Never take without a meal.
- PreGestion: low stomach acid typically is a cause of gastritis. This is counter intuitive but it is a fact. H pylori would not invade a stomach that is high in stomach acid as stomach acid kills h pylori. Only start taking PreGestion with meals (1 - 2 capsules) after a week of healing the stomach lining with Glutamine, Manuka honey and Saccharomyces boulardii.
- Taurine: this is recommended for people who have liver issues or problems with digesting fats. Liver issues or problems digesting fats can cause backflow of bile which is a cause of gastritis. Consider taking 1-2 capsules of Taurine with breakfast and 1-2 capsules at dinner. Should you experience loose stools, back off and reduce the dose by half as Taurine stimulates bile flow which can cause loose stools. For those of you constipated, you'll love Taurine.
- Homocystex: chronic gastritis causes vitamin B12 deficiency especially if you have been taking antacids or proton pump inhibitors. I highly highly recommend you replenish your vitamin B12, folic acid and vitamin B6 by taking Homocystex. Consider taking 1 capsule in the AM and one in the afternoon with a meal.
- Water Bottle: to keep you hydrated and sipping your L Glutamine powder all day long.
- Ashwagandha and Magnesium Plus: both are recommended as they are very effective for many people to reduce symptoms of stress. How? Many with stress are low in magnesium and vitamin B6 which Magnesium Plus has. Also Ashwagandha helps one adapt to stress as it is an adaptogenic herb. Ashwagandha also helps increase thyroid hormones which makes one have more energy and feel better. Consider taking 2 capsules of Magnesium Plus in the AM and 2 in the PM and the same with Ashwagandha. Both help quite a few people with insomnia issues as well.