Why choose Pantothenic Acid by Seeking Health? Also known as vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid assists the other B complex vitamins in converting food into usable energy. It is also an essential part of the body's ability to produce various enzymes, which act as the catalyst to numerous biochemical reactions in the body. Pantothenic acid also helps support the central nervous system by preserving communication lines between the nervous system (nerves) and the brain. Pantothenic acid may also prove to be beneficial for dealing with allergies, chronic fatigue syndrome, heartburn, migraines, and stress.Key Benefits and Actions.
Cost Per Serving: $0.18
Brand: Seeking Health
Delivery type: Vegetarian Capsule
Contraindications: None Known if taken as directed
Made In: Canada
Serving size: 1
Servings per container: 100
|Pantothenic acid (as d-calcium pantothenate USP)||500 mg||5000%|
Vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water), L-leucine, and silicon dioxide.
1 capsule daily with food in the morning. For those with more adrenal fatigue, consider 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 capsules at lunch. Do not take after 2 PM as it may prevent you from sleeping.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
I felt tired most of the time for as long as I can remember. Doctors couldn’t find a reason for that. I was eating good food, exercising, sleeping well and had no health problems, yet I felt tired. Dr. Ben suggested I try vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid). I felt energetic the same day I started taking the vitamin. My husband even asked me if everything was ok, because I was so energetic :D I know it sounds incredible that one vitamin can make such a difference, but it really worked for me :)
(Posted on 10/17/12)
Just started taking this product and, like all of Dr. Ben's Seeking Health products, it is of great quality. I now have great energy! I also take Pantothenic, along with other Seeking Health products.
(Posted on 10/17/12)
Thank you for your questions! There are many reasons for adrenal fatigue:
- poor diet
- not eating frequent enough and not eating protein at every meal
- stress constantly
- lack of rest
- an illness
- a life crisis
- toxic/heavy metal exposures
- lack of vitamin B5 and vitamin C
It is important to find out the underlying cause of your anxiety. Many times anxiety is caused by some health problem that slowly wears your body's defenses down until your body literally goes into panic mode, commonly due to adrenal fatigue. Adrenals have trouble producing the hormones they’re supposed to---like cortisol. When cortisol levels become too low it causes hypoglycemia which is the main cause of the anxiety response.
In terms of supplements:
- Pantothenic Acid 500 mg with breakfast (2 capsules) may help support your adrenals which are important in ‘waking you up’ via cortisol secretion and take 2 more capsules in the afternoon (no later than 2:00 pm). http://healthygoods.com/seeking-health-pantothenic-acid-500mg.html
Some other supplements to consider, depending on your symptoms:
- Optimal Liposomal Vitamin C - 1 tsp twice daily (it's in liquid form) - as well because vitamin C helps breakdown cortisol which is the stress hormone. http://healthygoods.com/seeking-health-optimal-liposomal-vitamin-c.html
- If you have any anxiety, Magnesium Plus is good for relieving anxiety--1 capsule with breakfast and 1 before bed. This is very supportive of neurotransmitter production. http://healthygoods.com/seeking-health-magnesium-plus.html
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic and tonifying herb meaning that it works best when taken long term. You may take up to three daily without any concerns. This will also help relieve anxiety by regulating cortisol and adrenaline levels. If you’ve been having trouble sleeping, this will help. http://healthygoods.com/ashwagandha-120-capsules-pure-encapsulations.html
- Being sure to eat every few hours with some form of protein and vegetable is also very supportive of healthy blood sugar levels - which is critical in maintaining healthy stress hormone levels.
I hope this helps!
Kelly Harrington, MS, RD
Nutritionist for Healthy Goods