Seeking Health Optimal Turmeric, 100 veg caps
In addition to boosting antioxidant defenses, curcumin has beneficial effects on preventing lipid (fat) oxidation which helps reduce the potential for oxidative damage to blood vessels. Studies also suggest that curcumin may also assist glucose regulationand protect delicate ocular tissues such as the lens of the eye, thus helping protect against the harmful effects of elevated blood sugar levels.
Benefits of Optimal Turmeric include :
• Optimal Turmeric provides Meriva ® brand turmeric : Unfortunately oral absorption of curcumin is generally poor due to its low solubility and instability in the intestinal environment. To address this limitation and ensure consistent potency and improve bioavailability, Optimal Turmeric provides Meriva® turmeric phytosome complex. This patented ingredient combines turmeric extract with phosphatidylcholine from soy lecithin forming a bioavailable turmeric phytosome complex that is significantly better absorbed than regular turmeric extracts. Meriva® greatly increases curcumin stability in Optimal Turmeric and enhances oral absorption by over 20-fold!
• Helps regulate inflammatory responses: Inflammation is a complex defense and repair mechanism that is activated in response to challenge by infectious or allergenic agents, injury, disease, and even aging. If inflammation is not properly regulated, it can produce damage to tissues and slow down the body’s normal healing and repair processes. By favorably modulating the activity of certain inflammation-promoting compounds, turmeric can provide protection from excessive inflammation and help maintain cell integrity.
• Boosts antioxidant defenses:Tissues and genetic material are vulnerable to free radical damage caused by factors such as environmental pollution, poor diet, and medications. Active compounds in turmeric have been shown to exert potent antioxidant activity by neutralizing free radicals, enabling the body to better support itself against molecular and cellular damage. Studies show that turmeric’s antioxidant actions may be especially beneficial for protecting brain and spinal cord neurons needed for maintaining central nervous system function and cognitive capacity.
Optimal Turmeric provides 250 mg of Meriva® in each vegetarian capsule.
Optimal Turmeric is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, and yeast. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule twice daily with food.
100 veg caps
About Seeking Health, the company
Dr. Ben Lynch, founder and Chief Medical Officer of Seeking Health, is a naturopathic physician. While majoring in Cell and Molecular biology at the University of Washington, Dr. Ben took a trip through the South Pacific and Southeast Asia that changed his outlook on traditional medicine, and his life.
During this trip, Dr. Ben hiked through the forests, mountains and coasts of Tasmania, worked a cattle ranch in the Outback of Australia, and volunteered with Mother Theresa in Calcutta. He lived in Fiji with a family having no electricity or plumbing, experienced the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India, worked a fruit orchard in New Zealand, and returned to America with an impression of a different form of medicine than he had ever experienced with his mainstream medical education.
This profound experience led Dr. Ben to Bastyr University, and he studied the Mind-Body Connection, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Epigenetics.
Dr. Ben saw the huge need for people to obtain foundational nutrients, and Seeking Health was born. Without foundational nutrients, biochemical dysfunction occurs and causes symptoms. Doctor after doctor and person after person do not understand the absolute requirement for our bodies to have the tools to maintain function.
- • Without water, we die.
- • Without food, we die.
- • Without probiotics, we get digestive disorders.
- • Without multivitamins, we become depressed, fatigued and sick.
“If one supports their bodily systems, especially their digestion and mental health, with pure, highly absorbable, well-formulated nutrients, the ability to remain healthy and vital significantly increases. We want your foundation rock solid and we provide the tools to do so.”
-Dr. Ben Lynch, founder of Seeking Health
Seeking Health believes that the root cause for many health conditions and supplements stem from ineffective digestion, environmental exposures, poor diet, and lack of a healthy social outlet and inlet.
- • Once digestion is restored and optimized with the best probiotics, digestive enzymes, stomach acid and intestinal repair nutrients, one is able to absorb nutrients from foods and high quality multivitamins.
- • Once environmental exposures are reduced, one is able to reduce toxic burden which then frees up nutrients to work in promoting health and preventing disease.
- • Once diet is optimized, nutrients flood in, energy increases, blood sugar stabilizes and the immune system balances.
- • Creating a social outlet and inlet allows the parasympathetic nervous system to regain control over the reactive sympathetic nervous system, allowing countless nutrients to be used proactively and in a protective manner instead of being wasted on producing stress hormones.
Seeking Health is here to see you get better, and stay better. Their true passion is prevention.
Seeking Health is based in Bellingham, Washington and operated and managed by a team dedicated to bringing you better health through the best quality supplements, prebiotics, probiotics, and multivitamins.
Seeking Health brings you effective formulas produced without preservatives, colors, titanium dioxide, coloring, or gluten.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.