Benefits of Intestinal Repair Complex ™:
Intestinal Repair Complex by BioGenesis (powder and capsules) is designed to assist in the repair and restoration of a normal, healthy GI mucosal lining. Soothing, anti-inflammatory extracts of mucilaginous herbs, amino acids and enzymes make up the Intestinal Repair formula. These formulas are not designed to mask symptoms, but rather to provide essential factors for the nutritional support of healthy GI structure and function.
Precautions*: This supplement is no substitute for a qualified physician.
1. Hickson R, et al. Glutamine prevents downregulation of myosin heavy chain synthesis and muscle atrophy from glucocorticoids. Am J Physiol 1995 Apr;268(4 Pt1):E730-E734.
2. Klimberg, V. Suzanne, M.D., et al. Prophylactic Glutamine protects the intestinal mucosa from radiation injury. Cancer 1990, July 1;66(1):62-68.
3. Foitzik T, Stufler M, Hotz HJ, Klinnert J, Wagner J, Warshaw AL, Schulzke JD, Fromm M, Buhr HJ. Glutamine stabilizes intestinal permeability and reduces pancreatic infection in acute experimental pancreatitis. J Gastrointest Surg. 1997;1(1):40-47.
4. Noyer CM, Simon D, Borczuk A, Brandt LJ, Lee MJ, Nehra V. A double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study of glutamine therapy for abnormal intestinal permeability in patients with AIDS. Am J Gastroenterol 1998;93(6):972-5.
5. Herschler RJ. Dietary and pharmaceutical uses of methylsulfonylmethane and compositions comprising it.United States Patent 4,514,421:April 30, 1985.
6. Hutter JA et al., Anti-inflammatory C-glucosyl chromone from Aloe barbadensis. In: JNP 59(5):541-543, 1996.
7. PDR for Herbal Medicines 1st Ed., Medical Economics Co., Montvale, New Jersey, 1998.
8. Werbach MR, Murray, MT. Botanical Influences on Illness: A sourcebook of clinical research. Third Line Press, Tarzana, California, 1994.
9. Lipski E. Digestive wellness. New Canaan, CT: Keats, 1996: 200-03.
10. PDR for Nutritional Supplements 1st Ed., Medical Economics Co., Montvale, New Jersey, 2001.
Cost Per Serving: $2.25
Brand: BioGenesis Nutraceuticals
Delivery type: Powder
Contraindications: Consult your physician before use
Made In: USA
Serving size: 2 tsp (8 grams)
Servings per container: 20
|DGL root (De-glycyrrhizinated licorice)||500 mg||-|
|Aloe leaf extract||200 mg||-|
|MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane)||200 mg||-|
|Marshmallow root (Althea officinalis)||100 mg||-|
herbs, Amino acids, nutrients, plant enzymes, aloe vera, marshmallow root, and L-glutamine
Xylitol, Crustacean fish (from crab, lobster, or shrimp).
As a dietary supplement, take 2 approximate teaspoons two times per day or as directed by your health care professional.
Contains Crustacean fish (from crab, lobster, or shrimp). Keep out of reach of Children.
This is a physician favorite to prescribe for those with irritable bowel disease. I personally have prescribed Intestinal Repair Complex to loads of patients with digestive problems; especially those with celiac, ulcerative colitis and food allergies. The patients do exceptionally well with this product and it tastes quite good. (Posted on 10/17/12)
Very effective product that treated intestinal problems that doctors could not figure out for 3 months. I am on a second bottle and I'm so glad I tried it. (Posted on 10/17/12)
Hi and thank you for your question. What are you trying to achieve? I figure intestinal repair because you're possibly fighting inflammation, but what is the damage caused from to begin with? This will help me better answer your question.
Kelly Harrington, MS, RD
Nutritionist for Healthy Goods