BioGenesis BioCleanse Plus, 798g
BioGenesis BioCleanse Plus, 798g powder
BioGenesis BioCleanse is designed to help the body in the elimination of toxins via support of phase 1 and phase 2 processes in the liver. BioCleanse Plus provides many of the same great nutrients as the original BioCleanse Functional Food with additional support for gastrointestinal health. Many patients with impaired liver clearing also experience issues with intestinal barrier function. Intestinal hyperpermeability can lead to increased absorption of toxins and other poorly digested molecules which can cause stress on phase 1 and 2 detox processes. The nutrients in BioCleanse Plus were designed to support hepatic clearing while simultaneously promoting optimal digestive processes.
- PEA, RICE, AND CHLORELLA PROTEINS provide a low-allergen, vegan protein base that has a pleasant taste and texture. In addition to providing a unique source of complete protein, chlorella has been shown to support detoxification and immunity. Chlorella protein is sustainably grown and provides a highly beneficial nutrition profile.
- MULTIVITAMIN/MINERAL blend to support all metabolic processes. Healthy detoxification is reliant upon meeting all the requirements for the basic micronutrients. Inadequate intake of vitamins and minerals can cause stress to the body and interfere with essential endogenous activity. All of the vitamins and minerals in BioCleanse Plus are in highly absorbable and bioavailable forms. NAC (N-ACETYL L-CYSTEINE) is a form of the amino acid L-cysteine. It acts as an antioxidant by promoting the production of glutathione, a detoxification molecule. NAC protects against lipid hydroperoxidases and hydrogen peroxide radicals.
- CALCIUM D-GLUCARATE supports the process by which healthy cells eliminate waste and foreign elements. It does this by regulating the activity of the enzyme beta-glucuronidase. In this way, it supports the glucuronidation detoxification cellular cleansing process. GREEN TEA EXTRACT (Camellia sinensis) (decaffeinated) is a source of the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Byproducts of phase 1 detoxification activity can increase levels of free radical activity. EGCG has potent free radical quenching capabilities.
- COLD MILLED FLAX SEED is a shelf stable source of alpha-linoleic acid, a plant source omega-3 fatty acid. Intake of omega-3 fatty acids is essential during detoxification to help promote healthy regeneration of cell membranes. DIGESTIVE ENZYMES are secreted naturally by the salivary glands, pancreas, stomach, and brush border for the digestion and breakdown of dietary macronutrients. For many patients, secretion of endogenous enzymes is insufficient to meet digestive needs. As humans have switched to a diet that focuses primarily on processed foods, dietary consumption of enzymes from raw foods has declined, placing greater demand on endogenous enzyme secretion. Poorly digested food particles can not only interfere with nutrition status, but can also initiate an inflammatory response within the gastrointestinal tract. B. coagulans is a vegan-sourced, highly resilient probiotic. Numerous studies have demonstrated the benefits of probiotics in the support of gastrointestinal health and immunity. In a study of IBS patients, reduction of abdominal pain and bloating was seen among participants who were supplemented with B. coagulans. The strain of B. coagulans used in BioCleanse Plus was also shown to significantly increase T-cell production of TNF-a in response to adenovirus exposure in a clinical observation of ten patients. BioCleanse Plus also contains inulin, a prebiotic fiber which may support intestinal growth of health supporting probiotics.
- SODIUM SULFATE, L-CYSTEINE AND MSM (METHYLSULFONYLMETHIONINE) supply essential sulfur for sulfur-dependent conjugation processes in the liver. Sodium sulfate provides a form of inorganic sulfur which can be used immediately for detoxification processes. L-cysteine and MSM provide organic sulfur as a source for additional inorganic sulfur production.