Place this chili cheese dip on the Super Bowl appetizer table and it will get devoured, and I promise, NOBODY will know it doesn't contain cheese! In fact, with heart-healthy cashews and nutrient-packed bell pepper as the base of this dip, it's completely guilt-free.
I N G R E D I E N T S
Serves: a big group of people
1½ cups cashews
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used almond)
2 tsp. chili powder
¼ cup nutritional yeast
¼ cup minced onion
2 tbsp taco seasoning
2, 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
12 oz. fresh salsa
Optional garnishes: cilantro, diced onions
D I R E C T I O N S
1. Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, chili powder, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Blend until the mixtures thickens and becomes creamy -- a couple minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, add the minced onion, taco seasoning, black beans and fresh salsa. Stir constantly over medium heat until heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
3. Add the blended cheese sauce to the saucepan and stir to combine.
4. Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
5. Garnish as desired and serve with chips and fresh veggies.
Recipe courtesy of delish knowledge