Body Ecology Assist Enzymes SI (for Small Intestine), 90 count
Body Ecology’s Assist Enzymes SI is a powerful pancreatic enzyme that supports heathy digestion in the small intestine to promote the absorption of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. It also promotes the detoxification and toning of the small intestine.
Body Ecology Assist Enzymes SI (for Small Intestine)
Why is it important to take a pancreatin supplement?
Healthy intestinal function and a balanced intestinal environment are essential to overall health. The pancreas, a small gland located near the stomach, is responsible for producing digestive enzymes and hormones that regulate blood sugar. Due to diets high in mineral depleted food, cooked food, sugar and stressful living, the pancreas can become overtaxed and unable to complete its function.
Assist SI is a pancreatin - a blend of naturally occurring pancreatic enzymes. This will provide natural enzymes that the pancreas already produces, and which many people are deficient in.
Taken with food, pancreatin acts as a digestive enzyme. Taken on an empty stomach, it becomes what is known as a SYSTEMIC ENZYME, working throughout the body and affecting every organ.
Systemic enzymes help to maintain overall health. They may be taken to address specific issues, but just as often are used to promote prevention and provide general body support. Supported processes include the breakdown of excess mucus, fibrin, many toxins, allergens, and clotting factors.
However, a problem need not be present to experience the benefits of enzymes since they can help us absorb more vital nutrients from the foods we eat, they can help a healthy body perform even better.
What Assist–SI will do for you:
- Helps digest vital nutrients in the small intestine
- Cleanses and detoxifies the small intestine
- Assists with digestion of milk proteins in dairy foods
- Promotes regular bowel function and elimination of toxins
- Maintains a healthy balance of intestinal microflora (beneficial bacteria)
- Used as an effective systemic enzyme
Assist–SI contains an assortment of pancreatic enzymes that help facilitate digestion and cleansing. They include:
- Pancreatin—contains the digestive enzymes trypsin, amylase, and lipase.
- Protease—an enzyme that helps break down proteins.
- Amylase—an enzyme that breaks starch down into sugar.
- Lipase—an enzyme that breaks apart fat molecules.
- Papain—an enzyme found naturally in unripe papayas which assists in the breakdown of food.
- Bromelain—a mixture of enzymes found in the juice and stems of pineapples that assists in the digestion of protein.
- Lipase (alkaline)—an enzyme with an alkaline base that breaks down fats in foods.
- Lipase (acid)—an enzyme with an acid base that breaks down fats in foods.
- Trypsin & Chymotrypsin—these proteases break down proteins into basic amino acids.
- Alpha Galactosidase—an enzyme that helps to break down complex or branching sugars (polysaccharides and oligosaccharides) in foods such as legumes and cruciferous vegetables.
The small intestine is where most of the digestion and absorption of food occurs.
SMALL INTESTINE FACTS:
- Between 13 and 20 feet long (if over 5 yrs of age)
- Only about 1-1¼ inch in diameter
- Surface area covers the size of a tennis court
- Responsible for digesting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins
- Lengthens and loses muscle tone due to aging
If the small intestine is not functioning optimally, precious nutrients from food will leave the body in the form of waste. Many digestive enzyme products only assist the digestive process as it occurs in the stomach. Because pH and acid levels in the stomach are different than those in the small intestine, these products essentially stop working when they enter the small intestine, where the pH level is much higher.
About Body Ecology, the company
After years of extensive study, Body Ecology founder Donna Gates created a back-to-basics approach to restoring health and vitality by understanding the invaluable balance of the human body's "inner ecology".
A respected authority in the field of digestive health, diet, and nutrition, Donna coined the phrase “inner ecosystem” to describe the network of microbes that maintain basic physiological processes from digestion to immunity.
Donna began searching for answers to lifetime of health issues. Several years of research and examination of her own diet led her to slowly heal from years of sensitivity and infection. She replaced her standard American diet with one rich in probiotics and fermented foods and beverages. Donna decided to put together everything she had learned into a book that would be easy for others to follow, and the Body Ecology Diet was born. Through Body Ecology, Donna is able to bring the best of medical science, naturopathy, and ancient Chinese medicine together so that everyone can access her system of health and healing.
Body Ecology offers products geared to one fundamental law of nature: the fact that our digestive systems are intimately linked to our immune, endocrine, circulatory and central nervous systems. Profoundly affecting all these interlocking systems is an amazing world of benevolent bacteria: the microscopic “good guys” that must be present in the intestines for you to be healthy.
Often forgotten or unconsidered, probiotics and enzymes are crucial to a healthy and efficient internal system. When this system is out of balance, a host of medical issues and conditions can arise.
Body Ecology's products are all designed to help cultivate, nourish, cleanse and rejuvenate the body's abundant inner ecosystem.
The Body Ecology system of health and healing is comprised of three simple dietary principals that can have a profound impact on how you feel:
• The addition of cultured foods to your diet
• Changing the quality of fats and oils you consume
• Drastically reducing your intake of carbohydrates and sugars
Body Ecology products are designed to restore your system’s harmony through effective nutritional therapy.
More about Donna’s contributions: Donna’s groundbreaking work has been instrumental in transforming the natural foods industry. Donna first introduced the natural sweetener stevia to the US in 1994. Her dedication to educating society on the value of coconut oil has turned the once-demonized ingredient into one promoted by holistic doctors and medical doctors alike.
Donna is also a key figure in the autism movement, working with doctors in the field who view her diet as instrumental in the treatment of the disorder.
Donna has certified hundreds of “Body Ecologists”, who passionately spread her teachings throughout the US, Canada, England, Australia and New Zealand.