Dr. Mercola Natural Sunscreen Lotion
Dr. Mercola Natural Sunscreen Lotion - in SPF15, SPF30 & SPF50
This highly concentrated, 100% all-natural sunscreen lotion helps protect you by reflecting UV rays away from your skin. Plus, it is water resistant, hypoallergenic, and free of chemical fragrances, parabens (harsh chemical preservatives) and free of nanoparticles (allows sunscreen to be more cosmetically appealing as it's less visible, yet it remains on your skin's surface).
Each active ingredient in this outstanding 100% natural sunscreen has been carefully chosen to specifically protect and nourish your skin. These are:
Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide:
These two active ingredients in Natural Sunscreen are natural minerals. Minerals that actually come from clay and beach sand deposits. This means, they are not harsh, synthetically-produced chemicals you'll often find in popular brands.
Zinc oxide has been used all over the world for over 75 years as a safe sunscreen to help prevent excessive sun exposure.
Unlike chemical sunscreens that absorb ultraviolet light, nature provides us with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, two remarkable ingredients that remain on your skin to reflect and scatter away both UVA and UVB rays from your body, by forming a physical barrier, without irritating or clogging pores.
Other Natural Ingredients:
- Sunflower oil: Sunflower oil is a superior moisturizer. In addition, it also contains vitamins A, D and E. And this excellent ingredient is often used to moisturize dry, weathered, and aged skin.
- Lecithin: Lecithin is found in the membranes of plant cells (soy.) It is widely used in cosmetics as an emollient and water-binding agent.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has been used by the islanders for many hundreds of years to moisturize their skin. And it moisturized their skin while they attained a glowing, dark tan. Even better, if you have skin sensitivities, it is likely to be mild and gentle on your skin.
- Glycerine: Used as an emollient, glycerine improves your skin's natural moisture by attracting just the right amount of water to maintain your skin's homeostasis. Furthermore, research proves the presence of glycerine in the intercellular layer.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is a non-fragrant natural emollient that serves up superior moisturizing and skin conditioning properties.
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E): Vitamin E also acts as a natural preservative.
- Shea butter: Shea butter is a natural plant lipid used as both a thickener and an emulsifier. What's more, it also has effective moisturizing properties.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil is an essential oil. And when it's mixed with other oils, it is more easily absorbed by your skin. Best of all, it assists other oils to be absorbed in your skin as well. This obviously supports the moisturizing process.
- Green Tea: Green tea is a powerful antioxidant and may help reduce the appearance of skin damage from sun radiation. In short, green tea helps protect your skin's cells by providing antioxidant protection.
Bottom line, Natural Sunscreen's perfect blend of ingredients results in a pleasant-smelling sunscreen lotion without any chemical fragrances or dangerous artificial chemicals. For this reason you can feel great about putting it on your skin, and your kids' skin, too.
Natural Sunscreen – Available in Three Strengths
- SPF15: When you desire lighter protection, but the same safe and natural ingredients, try Dr. Mercola Natural Sunscreen SPF15. Providing medium protection, Natural Sunscreen SPF15 contains 3.5% Titanium Dioxide and 3.5% Zinc Oxide.
- SPF30: Dr. Mercola Natural Sunscreen SPF30 provides just the right amount of coverage for most activities. With a full 6% Titanium Dioxide and 6% Zinc Oxide, you know you’re covered. There are times when a stronger sunscreen is desirable. Perhaps for your children’s delicate skin as they play in the sand and surf. Or maybe when you’re out boating or playing golf.
- SPF50: For those occasions demanding even greater protection, Dr. Mercola Natural Sunscreen SPF50 offers exceptional UVB and UVA protection. With a higher concentration of Zinc Oxide (22.5%) and 6% Titanium Dioxide, you’re getting the highest degree of protection possible. And it’s safe for kids and adults alike.
As with all safe sunscreen lotions, re-apply frequently, especially after swimming, perspiring, or towel-drying.
SPF15 and SPF30 are 8 fl oz, SPF50 is 5.4 fl oz.
About Dr Mercola, the company
Dr. Joseph Mercola is on a mission to bring people practical solutions to their health problems. As an osteopathic physician, Dr. Mercola practices a "whole person" approach to medicine, focusing on preventative health care. Dr. Mercola extensively researches and promotes premium, all-natural whole-food based products that provide broad spectrum health benefits.
Dr. Mercola focuses as much on what you put in your body as what you put on it. He offers all natural hair care, sunscreens, and oral care products in addition to his supplements, such as probiotics, multi-vitamins, and antioxidants, and whole-foods and teas. Dr. Mercola offers products for the entire family, including kids and even non-toxic products for your pet's good health as well. Dr. Mercola is an advocate for a dietary and lifestyle approach to health, and is dedicated to bringing you the products that will optimize the health of your entire family.
In addition to being a licensed DO, Dr. Mercola is also board certified in family medicine, and served as the chairman of the family medicine department at St. Alexius Medical center for 5 years, and is a member of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Mercola was voted the 2009 Ultimate Wellness Game Changer by the Huffington Post, and has been featured in TIME magazine, LA Times, CNN, Fox News, ABC News, Today Show, CBS’s Washington Unplugged with Sharyl Attkisson, and other major media resources. Dr. Mercola is the author of several books, including The No-Grain Diet (with Alison Rose Levy), a New York Times Bestseller.