Seeking Health Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 90 ct
Seeking Health Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a natural substance present throughout the human body that plays a vital role in normal brain and nervous tissue function. It helps maintain healthy levels of neurotransmitters, the chemical mediators of brain electrical transmissions. It is also essential for the production of energy from fats needed to support brain and heart function. 30 veg caps
Seeking Health Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is an amino acid naturally produced in the body that helps with energy production. Although the body can make acetyl-L-carnitine, the majority of acetyl-L-carnitine and other carnitine derivatives must come from the diet. Under conditions of stress and illness, the body’s ability to make acetyl-L-carnitine may be significantly impaired and dietary sources become critically important. Meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products are the richest source of carnitine derivatives.
Acetyl-L-carnitine by Seeking Health provide much greater amounts of L-carnitine than are readily available from the diet and in the form most important for normal brain and nervous tissue function.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is important for:
• Energy production: Fatty acids serve as one of the primary energy sources for the body. Skeletal and heart muscle obtain most of their energy from fat breakdown. For these tissues to produce energy from fat, fatty acids must be transported to specific locations (mitochondria) within cells. Acetyl-L-carnitine transports individual fatty acids for energy production. Acetyl-L-carnitine is also an important regulator of sugar metabolism.
• Brain and nervous system: Acetyl-L-carnitine has a vital role in maintaining brain function and is naturally found throughout the central nervous system. In addition to producing energy, acetyl-L-carnitine is used for neurotransmitter synthesis to maintain healthy brain function.
• Healthy aging: Aging induces many structural and functional changes in the body. The body’s ability to synthesize acetyl-L-carnitine declines with age and tissue levels fall significantly. Supplementing with acetyl-L-carnitine can restore healthy tissue levels to normal, improve energy metabolism, and decrease oxidative stress. These important effects help maintain healthy heart and brain function.
Research shows that Acetyl-L-Carnitine may be effective for:
- • Reducing nerve pain caused by diabetes
- • Treating male infertility caused by inflammation
- • Treating symptoms of age-related testosterone deficiency
- • Treating alzheimers disease
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is provided in its stabilized hydrochloride form and encapsulated in two-piece vegetarian capsules made of purified plant cellulose.
This formula contains no wheat, dairy, soy, corn, lactose, artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
Suggested Use: 1 to 3 capsules daily
About Seeking Health, the company
Dr. Ben Lynch, founder and Chief Medical Officer of Seeking Health, is a naturopathic physician. While majoring in Cell and Molecular biology at the University of Washington, Dr. Ben took a trip through the South Pacific and Southeast Asia that changed his outlook on traditional medicine, and his life.
During this trip, Dr. Ben hiked through the forests, mountains and coasts of Tasmania, worked a cattle ranch in the Outback of Australia, and volunteered with Mother Theresa in Calcutta. He lived in Fiji with a family having no electricity or plumbing, experienced the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India, worked a fruit orchard in New Zealand, and returned to America with an impression of a different form of medicine than he had ever experienced with his mainstream medical education.
This profound experience led Dr. Ben to Bastyr University, and he studied the Mind-Body Connection, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Epigenetics.
Dr. Ben saw the huge need for people to obtain foundational nutrients, and Seeking Health was born. Without foundational nutrients, biochemical dysfunction occurs and causes symptoms. Doctor after doctor and person after person do not understand the absolute requirement for our bodies to have the tools to maintain function.
- • Without water, we die.
- • Without food, we die.
- • Without probiotics, we get digestive disorders.
- • Without multivitamins, we become depressed, fatigued and sick.
“If one supports their bodily systems, especially their digestion and mental health, with pure, highly absorbable, well-formulated nutrients, the ability to remain healthy and vital significantly increases. We want your foundation rock solid and we provide the tools to do so.”
-Dr. Ben Lynch, founder of Seeking Health
Seeking Health believes that the root cause for many health conditions and supplements stem from ineffective digestion, environmental exposures, poor diet, and lack of a healthy social outlet and inlet.
- • Once digestion is restored and optimized with the best probiotics, digestive enzymes, stomach acid and intestinal repair nutrients, one is able to absorb nutrients from foods and high quality multivitamins.
- • Once environmental exposures are reduced, one is able to reduce toxic burden which then frees up nutrients to work in promoting health and preventing disease.
- • Once diet is optimized, nutrients flood in, energy increases, blood sugar stabilizes and the immune system balances.
- • Creating a social outlet and inlet allows the parasympathetic nervous system to regain control over the reactive sympathetic nervous system, allowing countless nutrients to be used proactively and in a protective manner instead of being wasted on producing stress hormones.
Seeking Health is here to see you get better, and stay better. Their true passion is prevention.
Seeking Health is based in Bellingham, Washington and operated and managed by a team dedicated to bringing you better health through the best quality supplements, prebiotics, probiotics, and multivitamins.
Seeking Health brings you effective formulas produced without preservatives, colors, titanium dioxide, coloring, or gluten.