Seeking Health GABA, 60 ct
Seeking Health GABA (Gamma-aminobutryic acid) helps maintain normal brain function because it is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It can provide a feeling of physical and mental balance, and sense of calm. 60 veg caps.
Seeking Health GABA, 60 veg caps
GABA means Gamma Amino butyric Acid. It works as an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain that directly affects the personality and the capability of a person to manage stress. It functions as a receptor that responds to the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the vertebrate central nervous system.
GABA is created to control the brain's rhythmic theta waves, which provide us a feeling of physical and mental balance. Since GABA functions in the central nervous system as a neurotransmitter, it occupies the nerve receptor sites for anxiety or stress related messages so that these are restrained from reaching the brain, which helps in the reduction of stress.
It is also known as the calming neurotransmitter and may help to calm and relax the body.
Research shows that GABA might play a key role in protecting against depression and anxiety. For instance, a study published in the journal Biological Psychiatry in 2010 indicates that people with major depression may be more likely to have low levels of GABA. And in a 2009 study from the same journal, researchers found that increasing GABA levels may be useful in treatment of anxiety.
- • GABA may help to relieve tension and anxiety. Even if you’ve felt uptight for as long as you can remember, GABA’s has an almost immediate affect on your mood. This comes in as it’s number one benefit. We often don’t feel anxious or stressed, but you might be surprised how much it was affecting your mood after starting a GABA supplement.
- • GABA may aid in the recovery from substance abuse. Yes, it’s true. Whether you turn to alcohol, food, smoking or drugs to help you feel better or relax taking a GABA supplement can be a life changing experience. It’s ability to ease the moods that send some of us into addictive behavior is perhaps one of the lesser understood benefits of GABA but incredibly important if you find yourself reaching for a quick sugar buzz too often or something worse.
- • GABA is safe to use. GABA is a naturally occurring amino acid that your body produces under normal circumstances. Sometimes your body doesn’t produce enough, or your chronic stress just piles up on you. If you’re stressed, taking GABA can deliver safe anxiety relief.
- • GABA is non addictive. Unlike benzodiazepines like Valium that are created to enhance the effects of GABA in your brain, GABA provides the same relaxing anti anxiety without the addictive side effects. If your GABA levels return to normal then it will have little to no effect at all. Plus, there is no withdrawal at all, because it one of the body’s naturally occurring compounds.
- GABA is a natural sleep aid. Stress & Anxiety are major causes of insominia in some people, and you may not even realize it is the cause. But a great benefit of GABA is that it can relax your muscles while calming your mind from racing thoughts. In combination with the calming of your racing mind many people find GABA supplement helpful in falling asleep more easily.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 500 mg of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). 60 veg caps per bottle.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy, Fish, Shellfish, Nuts, Corn, Prebiotics. This product is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Ingredients: Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), 500 mg per capsule
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water), L-leucine, and silicon dioxide.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule, 1 to 2 times daily between meals or as directed by physician.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place (59-85 degrees) away from direct sunlight.
Warnings: Keep out of reach of children.
About Seeking Health, the company
Dr. Ben Lynch, founder and Chief Medical Officer of Seeking Health, is a naturopathic physician. While majoring in Cell and Molecular biology at the University of Washington, Dr. Ben took a trip through the South Pacific and Southeast Asia that changed his outlook on traditional medicine, and his life.
During this trip, Dr. Ben hiked through the forests, mountains and coasts of Tasmania, worked a cattle ranch in the Outback of Australia, and volunteered with Mother Theresa in Calcutta. He lived in Fiji with a family having no electricity or plumbing, experienced the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India, worked a fruit orchard in New Zealand, and returned to America with an impression of a different form of medicine than he had ever experienced with his mainstream medical education.
This profound experience led Dr. Ben to Bastyr University, and he studied the Mind-Body Connection, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Epigenetics.
Dr. Ben saw the huge need for people to obtain foundational nutrients, and Seeking Health was born. Without foundational nutrients, biochemical dysfunction occurs and causes symptoms. Doctor after doctor and person after person do not understand the absolute requirement for our bodies to have the tools to maintain function.
- • Without water, we die.
- • Without food, we die.
- • Without probiotics, we get digestive disorders.
- • Without multivitamins, we become depressed, fatigued and sick.
“If one supports their bodily systems, especially their digestion and mental health, with pure, highly absorbable, well-formulated nutrients, the ability to remain healthy and vital significantly increases. We want your foundation rock solid and we provide the tools to do so.”
-Dr. Ben Lynch, founder of Seeking Health
Seeking Health believes that the root cause for many health conditions and supplements stem from ineffective digestion, environmental exposures, poor diet, and lack of a healthy social outlet and inlet.
- • Once digestion is restored and optimized with the best probiotics, digestive enzymes, stomach acid and intestinal repair nutrients, one is able to absorb nutrients from foods and high quality multivitamins.
- • Once environmental exposures are reduced, one is able to reduce toxic burden which then frees up nutrients to work in promoting health and preventing disease.
- • Once diet is optimized, nutrients flood in, energy increases, blood sugar stabilizes and the immune system balances.
- • Creating a social outlet and inlet allows the parasympathetic nervous system to regain control over the reactive sympathetic nervous system, allowing countless nutrients to be used proactively and in a protective manner instead of being wasted on producing stress hormones.
Seeking Health is here to see you get better, and stay better. Their true passion is prevention.
Seeking Health is based in Bellingham, Washington and operated and managed by a team dedicated to bringing you better health through the best quality supplements, prebiotics, probiotics, and multivitamins.
Seeking Health brings you effective formulas produced without preservatives, colors, titanium dioxide, coloring, or gluten.