Seeking Health Nettie Elephant Ceramic Neti Pot
Seeking Health Nettie the Elephant is a lead-free ceramic Neti Pot designed to provide a comfortable fit while increasing the flow of water into the sinus cavity. Effective at rinsing pollen, dander, and other allergens from your sinuses. Fun, cute design will get both children and adults excited about performing the ancient art of "jalaneti" -sinus washing.
Seeking Health non-burning Neti Pot Salt- 'The Gentle Neti Salt' is also available.
Seeking Health Nettie the Elephant Ceramic Neti Pot
Nettie is no ordinary elephant; she is a lead-free ceramic Neti Pot with a unique design that provides comfortable, effective and enjoyable nasal irrigation. The fun, elephant shape of Seeking Health's ceramic Neti Pot will get adults and children alike excited about performing the ancient art of sinus washing- plus the attractive, creative design looks great when not in use!
Nasal irrigation, or Neti, is a ancient tradition that is gaining popularity in the modern world for its effectiveness at treating allergies, sinus infections, and colds, among others. In yoga, the practice of "jala neti" is a powerful cleansing practice used to awaken higher states of meditation.
According to India's ancient medicine, Ayurveda, nasal pots help relieve:
- • congestion
- • pollen
- • dust
- • smoke
- • other allergens and airborne contaminants
- • nasal dryness from air travel
- • and more...
Over 40 Million people in the U.S. suffer from sinusitis and are growing resistant to antibiotics--some even experience negative side effects from the antibiotics. Neti, or Jalnati, is a great way to treat your sinuses naturally with no side effects or chemicals.
Neti for Cold relief
Nasal irrigation flushes the sinus caveties of virus infected mucus, working to prevent infection of the common cold or flu. Too late for prevention? Neti pots can ease symptoms associated with the common cold. Nasal irrigation can thin and remove mucus that results in sinus pain, headaches, and difficulty breathing. Repeated nose-blowing from cold symptoms can dry out the nasal passages and leave them feeling inflammed and uncomfortable. Use of a Neti pot and gentle neti salt can keep your nasal passages moisturized, and reduce inflammation.
Neti for Allergy relief
Allergies are diseases of the immune system that cause an overreaction to allergens. Plant pollens that are carried by the wind cause most of the allergies of the nose, eyes, and lungs. Certain trees, grasses and weeds, mold spores, and dander can be carried significant distances and be inhaled into the nose and lungs. Symptoms of seasonal or environmental allergies include itchy eyes, sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, fatigue and weakness. By using the Neti Pot and neti salt to flush the nasal passages of pollen, dust, and other airborne contaminants; allergy symptoms may be lessened, or even reduced.
Neti for Headache relief
One of the symptoms of cold, allergies, or sinus infections is sinus pain caused by thickened mucus and inflammation in the sinus passages. Neti relieves these types of headaches as it thins and flushes the mucus out. But what about other headaches? Nasal irrigation has a soothing and cooling effect on the brain, and many people use it to treate headaches caused by stress, mental tensions, migrains, and even to calm epilepsy, hysteria, and temper tantrums.
Neti for Yoga Practice and Meditation
The practice of Jala neti originated in yoga, and dates back thousands of years as a cleansing practice to awaken higher states of meditation. By cleansing through jala neti before practicing yoga, one is able to better control pranayana- the breath, or life force. Practitioners of yoga also believe that neti is responsible for the stimulation of the pituitary gland, which awakens the energy center behind the forehead; the Ajna chakra. Proponants believe that perfection of neti practice can lead to increased intuition, creativity, and even clairvoyance.
Neti for Pregnancy
Neti can be helpful during pregnancy to keep expectant mothers free from allergens and potential viruses. Some side effects of pregnancy, such as runny noses, nose bleeds, or blocked ears, can be lessened by the use of Neti Pots and Neti Salts. Since Neti is a natural reatment for sinus infections and naturally relieves cold and allergy symptoms, it is safe for pregnant women and nursing mothers alike.
Benefits of Seeking Health Nettie the Elephant Ceramic Neti Pot
- • Ergonomic, cool design
- • Lead free
- • Dishwasher safe
- • Food grade glaze on the ceramic
- • Longer spout creates increased water pressure resulting in cleaner sinuses
- • Great kid-friendly design
- • Beautiful for your shower and bathroom shelf
- • Seeking Health donates 1% of sales to the Enviornmental Working Group
How to use Nettie the Elephant Ceramic Neti Pot:
- 1. Prepare the sinus wash solution- 1/4 teaspoon of Neti Salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and add to Neti Pot.
- 2. Fill the Neti Pot with warm, filtered tap water. Do not use chlorinated tap water, as chlorine can irritate the sinuses.
- 3. Stir well to combine.
- 4. Position yourself over a sink or large bowl. Tilt your head approximately 45 degress, bending head forward so that forehead is slightly above the level of your chin. With your mouth open to allow relaxed breathing, insert the spout of Neti Pot into your upper nostril. Raise the Neti Pot gradually so the sinus wash solution passes into your nose and out through your lower nostril. Allow the contents of your Neti Pot to empty into your nose. Once empty, remove the Neti Pot from your nostril and gently blow out from both nostrils.
- 5. Repeat for the other side.
Seeking Health Neti Pot Salt- 'The Gentle Neti Salt' is also available.
About Seeking Health, the company
Dr. Ben Lynch, founder and Chief Medical Officer of Seeking Health, is a naturopathic physician. While majoring in Cell and Molecular biology at the University of Washington, Dr. Ben took a trip through the South Pacific and Southeast Asia that changed his outlook on traditional medicine, and his life.
During this trip, Dr. Ben hiked through the forests, mountains and coasts of Tasmania, worked a cattle ranch in the Outback of Australia, and volunteered with Mother Theresa in Calcutta. He lived in Fiji with a family having no electricity or plumbing, experienced the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India, worked a fruit orchard in New Zealand, and returned to America with an impression of a different form of medicine than he had ever experienced with his mainstream medical education.
This profound experience led Dr. Ben to Bastyr University, and he studied the Mind-Body Connection, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Epigenetics.
Dr. Ben saw the huge need for people to obtain foundational nutrients, and Seeking Health was born. Without foundational nutrients, biochemical dysfunction occurs and causes symptoms. Doctor after doctor and person after person do not understand the absolute requirement for our bodies to have the tools to maintain function.
- • Without water, we die.
- • Without food, we die.
- • Without probiotics, we get digestive disorders.
- • Without multivitamins, we become depressed, fatigued and sick.
“If one supports their bodily systems, especially their digestion and mental health, with pure, highly absorbable, well-formulated nutrients, the ability to remain healthy and vital significantly increases. We want your foundation rock solid and we provide the tools to do so.”
-Dr. Ben Lynch, founder of Seeking Health
Seeking Health believes that the root cause for many health conditions and supplements stem from ineffective digestion, environmental exposures, poor diet, and lack of a healthy social outlet and inlet.
- • Once digestion is restored and optimized with the best probiotics, digestive enzymes, stomach acid and intestinal repair nutrients, one is able to absorb nutrients from foods and high quality multivitamins.
- • Once environmental exposures are reduced, one is able to reduce toxic burden which then frees up nutrients to work in promoting health and preventing disease.
- • Once diet is optimized, nutrients flood in, energy increases, blood sugar stabilizes and the immune system balances.
- • Creating a social outlet and inlet allows the parasympathetic nervous system to regain control over the reactive sympathetic nervous system, allowing countless nutrients to be used proactively and in a protective manner instead of being wasted on producing stress hormones.
Seeking Health is here to see you get better, and stay better. Their true passion is prevention.
Seeking Health is based in Bellingham, Washington and operated and managed by a team dedicated to bringing you better health through the best quality supplements, prebiotics, probiotics, and multivitamins.
Seeking Health brings you effective formulas produced without preservatives, colors, titanium dioxide, coloring, or gluten.