Seeking Health Optimal Krill Oil w/ 12mg Astaxanthin, 60 ct
Seeking Health Optimal Krill Oil provides essential omega-3 fatty acids plus an impressive 12mg of Astaxanthin for increased antioxidant benefits. Supports neurological and cardiovascular health. 60 soft gels
Seeking Health Optimal Krill Oil with 12mg Astaxanthin
Krill Oil is a rich source of Astaxanthin and the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA.
Benefits of EPA and DHA
EPA and DHA are omega-3 fatty acids that support cardiovascular health, fight inflammation, and support brain and eye health. DHA is a major componant of brain cell membranes. EPA may stabilize mood and lessen symptoms of depression. Each of these essential fatty acids support reduced inflammation and may lower cholesterol.
What is Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin is an antioxidant more powerful than vitamin C, E or beta carotene when it comes to free radical scavenging. It is a cartenoid responsible for the red hue assoicated with shrimp and lobster, and it gives the flamingo its pink color. Astaxanthin has been shown to ease pain associated with joint inflammation, fight fatigue, and help with endurance, added energy, and muscle recovery. Krill is one of the few sea creatures that consume a microalgae that is the only natural source of Astaxanthin. Optimal Krill Oil contains12 mg astaxanthin per serving.
Studies suggest that this high level of astaxanthin offers an array of therapeutic benefits, which may include:
- • Antioxidant protection - more than green tea, vitamin C, or CoQ10
- • Cardiovascular health – helping to promote healthy lipid profiles; potential anti–hypertensive
- • Sports performance – reducing exercise–induced muscle damage and increasing endurance
- • Eye support – Reducing eye fatigue and improving visual acuity
- • Supporting skin health – protecting against aging as a result of UVA exposure, such as skin sagging and wrinkles
- • Anti–inflammatory - reduces inflammation and pain associated with it
- • Gastric health support – helping to reduce gastric inflammation and reflux symptoms
It would take 8 conventional krill softgels to equal the astaxanthin levels in just 1 capsule of Optimal Krill Oil!
Seeking Health Optimal Krill Oil's astaxanthin comes from both naturally occurring levels found in krill oil and from AstaREAL®, a registered brand of astaxanthin extracted directly from microalgae using a solvent–free technology that ensures maximum control and purity. AstaREAL® astaxanthin is the most studied astaxanthin in the world with over 40 clinical studies, both animal and human.
Optimal Krill Oil's Powerful Antioxidant Formula
In addition to its rich phospholipids, omega–3s, and astaxanthin, Optimal Krill Oil also naturally contains several other antioxidants including, canthaxanthin, beta–carotene, vitamin E and trans–retinol vitamin A. These antioxidants offer additional protection from damaging free radicals and also protect this nutrient–dense oil from oxidation.
Seeking Health's Optimal Krill Oil is made using a unique cold–extraction process that converts it into stable oil. This process protects the lipids from alteration and avoids peroxidation. It is highly purified and free of heavy metals and organohalide pollutants. Optimal Krill Oil does not cause reflux or regurgitation commonly experienced by those consuming regular fish oil supplements.
About Seeking Health, the company
Dr. Ben Lynch, founder and Chief Medical Officer of Seeking Health, is a naturopathic physician. While majoring in Cell and Molecular biology at the University of Washington, Dr. Ben took a trip through the South Pacific and Southeast Asia that changed his outlook on traditional medicine, and his life.
During this trip, Dr. Ben hiked through the forests, mountains and coasts of Tasmania, worked a cattle ranch in the Outback of Australia, and volunteered with Mother Theresa in Calcutta. He lived in Fiji with a family having no electricity or plumbing, experienced the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India, worked a fruit orchard in New Zealand, and returned to America with an impression of a different form of medicine than he had ever experienced with his mainstream medical education.
This profound experience led Dr. Ben to Bastyr University, and he studied the Mind-Body Connection, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Epigenetics.
Dr. Ben saw the huge need for people to obtain foundational nutrients, and Seeking Health was born. Without foundational nutrients, biochemical dysfunction occurs and causes symptoms. Doctor after doctor and person after person do not understand the absolute requirement for our bodies to have the tools to maintain function.
- • Without water, we die.
- • Without food, we die.
- • Without probiotics, we get digestive disorders.
- • Without multivitamins, we become depressed, fatigued and sick.
“If one supports their bodily systems, especially their digestion and mental health, with pure, highly absorbable, well-formulated nutrients, the ability to remain healthy and vital significantly increases. We want your foundation rock solid and we provide the tools to do so.”
-Dr. Ben Lynch, founder of Seeking Health
Seeking Health believes that the root cause for many health conditions and supplements stem from ineffective digestion, environmental exposures, poor diet, and lack of a healthy social outlet and inlet.
- • Once digestion is restored and optimized with the best probiotics, digestive enzymes, stomach acid and intestinal repair nutrients, one is able to absorb nutrients from foods and high quality multivitamins.
- • Once environmental exposures are reduced, one is able to reduce toxic burden which then frees up nutrients to work in promoting health and preventing disease.
- • Once diet is optimized, nutrients flood in, energy increases, blood sugar stabilizes and the immune system balances.
- • Creating a social outlet and inlet allows the parasympathetic nervous system to regain control over the reactive sympathetic nervous system, allowing countless nutrients to be used proactively and in a protective manner instead of being wasted on producing stress hormones.
Seeking Health is here to see you get better, and stay better. Their true passion is prevention.
Seeking Health is based in Bellingham, Washington and operated and managed by a team dedicated to bringing you better health through the best quality supplements, prebiotics, probiotics, and multivitamins.
Seeking Health brings you effective formulas produced without preservatives, colors, titanium dioxide, coloring, or gluten.