Seeking Health Taurine, 500mg, 100 ct
Seeking Health Taurine provides support for healthy functioning of the cardiovascular system and fat metabolism. Taurine is an important component of bile necessary for fat digestion and metabolism of cholesterol. Non-GMO, gluten-free. 100 vegetarian capsules.
Taurine is an amino acid found in most every system of the body, and is a factor in the healthy functioning of the cardiovascular system and fat metabolism, along with many other functions. Taurine is naturally found in foods such as meat, fish, eggs, and dairy.
Benefits of Taurine
- Heart - Taurine has been documented as a preventative factor of stroke and heart attack, arrythmia, and congestive heart failure
- Weight - Studies show that Taurine supplementation may reduce incidence of high-fat diet-induced obesity.
- Cholesterol - Taurine can improve gallbladder function, allowing for better elimination of cholesterol through bile
- Antioxidant - Taurine functions as a potent antioxidant; lowering exercise-induced oxygen radical damage (the most prevelant form of free-radical damage)
- Brain - This amino acid is abundant in the central nervous system and protects the function of neorons (nerve cells), long-term memory, and spatial navigation. Taurine has also been shown to act as a sedative for excitable brain states; preventing seizures and minimizing manic states in those with bipolar disorder.
In addition to these crucial roles, Taurine is also a factor in maintaining eye health and bone-density, and may benefit those with type 2 diabetes as a study showed it to decrease insulin resistance.
Risk Factors for Taurine deficiency include:
- Vegetarian or vegan diet
- Intestinal dysfunction
- Zinc deficiency
Seeking Health Taurine provides 500mg of taurine per capsule with no allergenic ingredients. Laboratory tested for potency. Free from contaminants, flow agents, unnecessary fillers, and is gluten, dairy, egg, soy, fish, nut and corn-free.
100 vegetarian capsules