Seeking Health Optimal MSM Plus Molybdenum, 100 veg caps
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally occurring, organic sulfur-containing compound providing a ready source of dietary sulfur that the body can use as needed.
Sulfur is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body, and is required for:
- • Detoxification
- • Connective Tissue Metabolism
- • Anti-body formation
- • Synthesis of hormones and anti-oxidants
Sulfur must be continually replenished for optimal nutrition and health.
MSM is found in small amounts in food and throughout nature. MSM can be incorporated into body proteins or used in metabolism in several important ways.
- Joint and Connective Tissue Support: MSM provides sulfur needed for the structural integrity of joint cartilage and connective tissue such as skin, hair and nails. Joints affected by osteoarthritis may have lower sulfur content than normal tissues. MSM can modulate inflammation and may assist recovery of sore muscles.
- Liver Detoxification Support: One of the most important detoxification pathways relies on sulfur. In the liver, various sulfur compounds and antioxidants bind with toxins through a process called conjugation, allowing them to be safely excreted. MSM can assist detoxification by donating sulfur groups needed for formation of important sulfur detoxifying agents.
Although small amounts of MSM are found in fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, and unpasteurized milk, dietary sources do not supply adequate MSM to serve as a reliable source of organic sulfur.
This unique sulfur compound has no sulfur odor, is exceptionally well-tolerated, and can be used liberally as needed. Added molybdenum aids sulfur metabolism.
Molybdenum is an essential trace mineral found in the human body in the bones, liver, and kidneys. Molybdenum plays a role in a number of important bio-chemical processes, like waste processing in the kidneys, development of the nervous system, and the activation of enzymes that are involved in breaking down food to produce energy.
Molybdenum helps with metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. It plays an important role in the enzyme process for the use of iron in the body, by mobilizing iron from the liver reserves. Molybdenum is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and excreted in the urine. It helps prevent anemia and enhance general feeling of well-being.
Benefits of Molybdenum
- • For anemia
- • For sense of well-being
- • For tooth decay
- • For detoxification of preservatives and sulfites
- • For metabolization of fats and carbohydrates
About Seeking Health, the company
Dr. Ben Lynch, founder and Chief Medical Officer of Seeking Health, is a naturopathic physician. While majoring in Cell and Molecular biology at the University of Washington, Dr. Ben took a trip through the South Pacific and Southeast Asia that changed his outlook on traditional medicine, and his life.
During this trip, Dr. Ben hiked through the forests, mountains and coasts of Tasmania, worked a cattle ranch in the Outback of Australia, and volunteered with Mother Theresa in Calcutta. He lived in Fiji with a family having no electricity or plumbing, experienced the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India, worked a fruit orchard in New Zealand, and returned to America with an impression of a different form of medicine than he had ever experienced with his mainstream medical education.
This profound experience led Dr. Ben to Bastyr University, and he studied the Mind-Body Connection, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, and Epigenetics.
Dr. Ben saw the huge need for people to obtain foundational nutrients, and Seeking Health was born. Without foundational nutrients, biochemical dysfunction occurs and causes symptoms. Doctor after doctor and person after person do not understand the absolute requirement for our bodies to have the tools to maintain function.
- • Without water, we die.
- • Without food, we die.
- • Without probiotics, we get digestive disorders.
- • Without multivitamins, we become depressed, fatigued and sick.
“If one supports their bodily systems, especially their digestion and mental health, with pure, highly absorbable, well-formulated nutrients, the ability to remain healthy and vital significantly increases. We want your foundation rock solid and we provide the tools to do so.”
-Dr. Ben Lynch, founder of Seeking Health
Seeking Health believes that the root cause for many health conditions and supplements stem from ineffective digestion, environmental exposures, poor diet, and lack of a healthy social outlet and inlet.
- • Once digestion is restored and optimized with the best probiotics, digestive enzymes, stomach acid and intestinal repair nutrients, one is able to absorb nutrients from foods and high quality multivitamins.
- • Once environmental exposures are reduced, one is able to reduce toxic burden which then frees up nutrients to work in promoting health and preventing disease.
- • Once diet is optimized, nutrients flood in, energy increases, blood sugar stabilizes and the immune system balances.
- • Creating a social outlet and inlet allows the parasympathetic nervous system to regain control over the reactive sympathetic nervous system, allowing countless nutrients to be used proactively and in a protective manner instead of being wasted on producing stress hormones.
Seeking Health is here to see you get better, and stay better. Their true passion is prevention.
Seeking Health is based in Bellingham, Washington and operated and managed by a team dedicated to bringing you better health through the best quality supplements, prebiotics, probiotics, and multivitamins.
Seeking Health brings you effective formulas produced without preservatives, colors, titanium dioxide, coloring, or gluten.