Live Superfoods Chlorella Powder, Organic, 12 oz
This Product is 20% Off !
Live Superfoods Chlorella Powder is USDA-certified organic, raw, ultrafine chlorella that is deep, velvety green in color. This broken-cell walled chlorella is cracked via jet mill method. It is an excellent source of chlorophyll, B-vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and protein. 12 oz package.
Live Superfoods Organic Chlorella Powder, 12 oz
Chlorella (chlorella vulgaris) is a single-celled freshwater alga, containing large amount of chlorophyll, the chemical that gives plants their green color. Chlorophyll is an essential compound for photosynthesis, the process by which plants convert light into chemical energy. Chlorophyll is also available in green leafy vegetables.
Live Superfoods Chlorella Powder is a premium, USDA-certified organic, raw, ultrafine broken-cell walled chlorella that is deep, deep green in color. Our chlorella's cell walls are cracked via jet mill method.
Chlorella contains vitamin C and carotenoids, both of which are antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that block the action of free radicals, activated oxygen molecules that can damage cells.
Chlorella is a potent source of vitamin B-12, a vitamin most commonly found in proteins. It also contains vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, and Folic acid, and additional B-complex vitamins. The minerals that naturally occur in chlorella include magnesium, potassium, iron, and calcium.
Chlorella is a rich source of 19 naturally occuring amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids.
Chlorella is considered by some to be a natural "multivitamin", possessing at least 20 beneficial nutrients. Chlorella is also used by those who eat a vegan or vegetarian diet as a source of amino acids (protein) and vitamins that are often found only in proteins (such as B-12).
Beneficial Nutrients in Chlorella
- Vitamin B1 - Needed for nervous system, heart, and muscle function
- Vitamin B2 - Needed for growth, reproduction, and to metabolize carbs, fats, and proteins
- Vitamin B6 - Strengthens the immune system, needed to synthesize protein and fat
- Vitamin B12 - Forms and regenerates red blood cells, maintains a healthy nervous system
- Folic Acid - Helps protect against birth defects, anemia, and internal parasites
- Biotin - Needed for skin, hair, and nail health
- Inositol - Helps regulate cholesterol levels, promotes healthy skin and hair
- Vitamin C - Acts as an antioxidant, needed for collagen production, helps wounds to heal
- Vitamin E - Acts as an antioxidant, prevents oxidation of "bad" cholesterol
- Vitamin K - Improves bone mineral content and protects against bone loss; reduces risk of insulin resistance
- Iron - Necessary for the production of hemoglobin, myoglobin, and some enzymes
- Calcium - Needed for bone, teeth, and cardiovascular health
- Potassium - Regulates water balance and heart rhythms
- Magnesium - Essential for nerve and muscle function
- Phosphorus - Present in every cell of the body and involved in all physiological chemical reactions
- Beta-carotene - Acts as an antioxidant and is converted to vitamin A
- Amino acids - The building blocks for protein
- Essential fatty acids - Promote healthy skin and hair, needed for growth
- Chlorophyll - Posseses natural anti-bacterial properties
Supporters state that chlorella supplements increase the level of albumin in the body. Albumin is a protein normally present in the bloodstream, and many health professionals believe that low albumin levels can be a precursor to non-heriditary degenerative diseases.
Many people use chlorella as a natural and gentle detoxification agent, while others enjoy including it in their daily diet as a way to get a range of beneficial nutrients that promote health and wellbeing.
12 oz in resealable package
This product carries the California Prop 65 warning. Not sure what this means? Click here to learn more.